The following accountable care organizations or value-based care delivery arrangements were covered by Becker's Hospital Review within the past month.
1. Humana struck up three new accountable care agreements.
- One is with Miramont Family Medicine, a medical group practice based in Denver. It covers Humana's Medicare Advantage HMO members in the area.
- Another is with Edgewood, Ky.-based St. Elizabeth Healthcare.
- The third new agreement was formed with The Christ Hospital Health Network in Cincinnati.
2. Cigna was also very active, partnering with several provider organizations for collaborative accountable care initiatives, the payer's version of ACOs.
- One agreement is with Baton Rouge (La.) Clinic, a multispecialty group with about 90 physicians.
- The partnership between the payer and Springdale, Ark.-based PremierCare Northwest, a provider-owned network and collaborative effort between physicians and Northwest Health System, covers roughly 5,000 Cigna members.
- A third CAC initiative is with Brewer, Maine-based Beacon Health, a subsidiary of Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems, which covers 7,000 Cigna beneficiaries.
3. Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Missouri partnered with Esse Health, a St. Louis-based independent physician group, for an accountable care model.
4. LHS Health Network, which includes physician practices, hospitals and other providers and is affiliated with Camden, N.J.-based Lourdes Health System, partnered with Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey for anACO.
5. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan expanded its pay-for-performance initiative by signing value-based reimbursement contracts with 24 hospitals.